Friday, December 28, 2007

A tale of Two Wolves

(for those who are trying to read by squinting - as I would be doing)
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
"A fight is going on inside me" he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves."
One is Evil. He is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, falsepride, superiority, self doubt and ego.
The other is Good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.
"The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:"Which wolf wins?
"The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

6 comments:

Vivienne said...

As always, it would seem, you understand.

Thank you.

xoxo cupcake

Anonymous said...

Hello Darling!
Thanks for your sweet e-mail!!
Wolves are such beautiful animals!

Kisses and hugs

Siobhan

Shame in me said...

Thankyou so much for the birthday wishes :) How are you? Did you have a good christmas?

soulconnector said...

anon616,
Thanks for the visit and shoulder. Wolves are so interesting. My baby loves them and I will show her your pictures.

Thanks
`sc

Kassiopeia said...

My Dad's cousin Bob, who lives in the backwoods of Washington State had a pack of 5 Malamout dogs that ran pretty much wild across his property and one day found they had adopted a wolf, who'd occasionally even eat their food with them! I'll see if I can find some photos.

Re: evil anons. I don't realistically expect them to be nice, I just figure I can try to kill them with kindness!

Kass xx

gnothi seauton said...

I shall reply in the same way as all the others:

In 12 months I have to decide everything or nothing.

Evasive, who me? :)

Thanks for the hugs and words of kindness. Speak to you soon.