Saturday, May 17, 2008

WOLF news from Defenders of Wildlife







Earthjustice filed the lawsuit on behalf of Defenders of Wildlife, Natural Resources Defense Council, Sierra Club, Center for Biological Diversity, The Humane Society of the United States, Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance, Friends of the Clearwater, Alliance for the Wild Rockies, Oregon Wild, Cascadia Wildlands Project, Western Watersheds Project, and Wildlands Project.


Lawsuit Moves Ahead
A federal judge in Montana rejected a request by the government to delay our lawsuit seeking to place the gray wolf back on the endangered species list. In rejecting the agency's request for a two-week extension in the case, U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy set a hearing for May 29 in Missoula. Stay tuned...
Posted by Erin McCallum



Some good news out of Idaho...
Finally, something to celebrate. I am extremely relieved to find out that there were not 45,000 Idaho citizens ignorant enough to sign onto Ron Gillett's Ballot Initiative that sought to remove all wolves from the state of Idaho. Although -- it is more than a little disturbing that it got as many signatures as it did!



Please help save America's wolves!

Take action at:




Thank you!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy!!!!!! Are you actually seriously considering going to Ozzfest?!

Original Punk J said...

Hey Wendy!

Thank you so much for your sweet birthday wishes, and for whatever is being sent in the mail! I know we will love it!

Thank you also for just being you! We (Me, Jen and Sparkle!) love you dearly!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wendy!!! I miss you!!

Pixie said...

hi my dear cousin,

how´s your weekend so far?? I just saw in your profile by boos: everything about dogs. have you read "for the love of a dog"? my roommate gave it to me and it´s really interesting..

anyway hope to catch you online soon..

take care and nice greets from helsinki (11pm and not dark outside) *hach*

pixie

Anonymous said...

hi my cousin,

yeah tomorrow in 2 weeks, I´m already sad and my heart is breaking... I´ll really miss it, but I´ll come back one day :)

maybe it´s good to have some time at home to relaxe and get completely healthy and the experience something new :) I try to see it from the positive side now :)

you definetely have to visit the land of the thousand lakes! it´s absolutely lovely and you´ll immediately fall in love with it! that´s what happened to me anyway...
oh well the last winter wasn´t cold, so maybe it won´t be so could during helldone, but your from lousianna so yeah it´ll feel cold for you ;)

ok hope to catch you later, take care *hugs*

pixie

Original Punk J said...

Hi, Wendy. I wasn't sure what blog to leave the message on, so I went with this one!

Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my post at Bollocks. I am glad that I wrote about him and talked about all those memories. We do always have them with us, and they are loved. I know you still miss your brother every day, but he is still looking over you, I know he is.

Thank you just for being you, Wendy, and for being such a good friend to us. They are few and far between and we are lucky to have found you. You are very special, and have so much to offer the world. Never forget that.

Love you dearly,
L.